Time for my yearly post! Yay!
I spent last weekend in Toronto for Fan Expo, which was all sorts of awesome. Highlights include:
- meeting Jeff Smith, who I am totally in love with now. I took a photo with him and he posed with his arms around my shoulders, and I put my arm around him. It was a very special moment. I have unfortunately had to shower since then
- running into William Shatner on my way to the bathroom with a friend.
- grabbing a stormtrooper by the balls.
- being first in line to have my photo taken with Katie Sackhoff (Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica). I think she put her arms around my shoulders. I was in too much awe of her beauty to notice. I have unfortunately had to shower since then
- generally having a riot with some of my best friends.
I also cosplayed for the first time ever; it was pretty cool to have random people come up to me and ask for my photo. I was dressed as Daenerys Targeryan from Game of Thrones. Apparently there was a Jon Snow wandering around the convention, but alas our paths were not destined to cross.
But I wasn't there just for photos and celebrities, I had a table in the Artist Alley. It went well, and I broke even. I reserved a table again for next year. I am vaguely checking what other conventions I could attend... Of course San Diego and Atlanta look all sorts of sparkly when I do that, but I think with airfare it wouldn't be worth it as a seller. Which is not to say I wouldn't attend at all: I have been dying to see the Dawn Lookalike contest for ages. But there's got to be something closer to home.
In the meantime, I just keep putting paintbrush to paper...